Record, Edit, Publish.
Educast is a service that allows you to record, edit and publish educational videos.
You can record a lesson, upload it to a central server, edit the videos online and publish them in a simplified way on the web.
Educast aims to provide the academic community with a platform dedicated to the production of audiovisual and multimedia content.
The educast central system ensures the necessary post-processing for the recordings to be available over the Internet in multiple formats: streaming, desktop and mobile.
The recorded lessons can be easily integrated into e-Learning systems, portals and websites of higher education institutions, and the videos are available through the Educast portal for students and the general public.
Who is it intended for?
Institutions can join the RCTS IP service:
- Higher Education
- Research and Development
- Non-profit Institutions that have as their main objective Research and Development activities.
The user entities must be integrated in the RCTSaai and have audiovisual systems compatible with the platform.
The Educast platform also makes available to user entities:
- A Content Manager, to manage and edit the content produced;
- A Portal that allows searching for educational videos in several knowledge areas;
What you might find:
- Recording of educational videos (classes, workshops, events, tutorials).
- Centralized content manager;
- Simultaneous capture of video, audio and slides;
- Web video editor;
- Publication in multiple formats (streaming, desktop and mobile);
- Access portal to the videos produced;
- Integration with Learning Management Systems (Moodle, Blackboard, Sakai, Canvas);
- Controlled access to content via federated authentication (RCTSaai)
If your entity is part of the academic or scientific community and is not yet connected to the RCTS Network, see here how to join and be able to use the Educast service.